Grilled Sausage on a Bun
1. Place the sausage in a skillet over medium heat, and brown on all sides. Remove from skillet, and slice.
2. Melt butter in the skillet. Stir in the onion, and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in bell pepper. Season with basil, and oregano. Stir in white wine. Continue to cook and stir until peppers and onions are tender.
3. Return sausage slices to skillet with the vegetables. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes, or until sausage is heated through.
1. Place the sauerkraut, caraway seeds, brown sugar, and apple into a saucepan over medium-low heat, and bring the mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, and cook for 2 hours while stirring occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a baking dish.
3. Place the bacon and onion into a skillet over medium heat, and cook until the bacon is nearly crisp and the onion is beginning to brown, about 8-10 minutes. Stir the bacon mixture into the sauerkraut. In the same skillet, brown the sausage in the remaining bacon grease until the sausage begins to brown, 10 minutes; stir into the sauerkraut mixture. Spoon the sauerkraut and sausage mixture into the prepared baking dish.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until bubbling, about 1 hour.
5. Best served with mashed potatoes
1. In a large skillet, sauté sausage, pepper, mushrooms and garlic. Add wine, continue to cook until half of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in sauce, pasta and cheese until blended.
2. Serve immediately.